Why is Handwashing Important?
Updated: Mar 28, 2020
Handwashing can help prevent illness. Regular handwashing is one of the best ways to remove germs, avoid getting sick, and prevent the spread of germs to others.
It is quick and simple: Wet, Lather, Scrub, Rinse, Dry.
Wash your hands with soap and water often, especially during these key times when you are likely to get and spread germs:
· Before, during, and after preparing food
· Before eating food
· Before and after caring for someone who is sick with vomiting or diarrhoea
· Before and after treating a cut or wound
· After using the toilet
· After changing nappies or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
· After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
· After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
· After handling pet food or pet treats
· After touching garbage
Use hand sanitiser when soap and water are not available.