Say No to Bleach
Chlorine-based bleach is widely available, at low cost, which often makes it the go-to stain remover and disinfectant that companies choose.
However, bleach releases chlorine – a toxic, corrosive gas.
fumes irritate mucous membranes and airways and can cause damage to the lungs.
reacts easily with other chemicals. When mixed with acids (even innocuous acids such as vinegar) or ammonia, highly toxic fumes are released.
when heated, releases toxic fumes, and may produce chlorates (a strong oxidizer) which may lead to a fire or explosion.
should never be ingested and skin contact should be avoided.
Safer, Eco-friendly Alternatives
For whitening, brightening and stain removal, use Oxy-Stain oxygen-based stain remover. The active ingredients in Oxy-Stain combine a degreasing action with a bleaching action for added effectiveness. Oxy-Stain can be used for laundry, crockery, cutlery and on hard surfaces. It is colour-safe and will not damage cloth fibres. The by-products produced (water, oxygen and soda ash) are environmentally friendly.
For disinfecting, use Virus Gobbler™ bioflavonoid disinfectant. Virus Gobbler™ is a new generation, broad spectrum disinfectant with superior gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria killing capabilities (SANS 51276 / EN 1276 compliant and food industry safe). Recommended for: offices, institutions, hospitals, clinics, food hygiene, animal housing and farms. Unlike bleach, there is no need to rinse. Virus Gobbler™ is non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-volatile and readily biodegradable.